09 January, 2007

Bahrain is not Freezing

Today many people have sent me e-mails bearing the picture shown to the right (click on it for a bigger view). The email said:


NEXT WEEK WE ARE IN FOR A SEVERE FREEZING – AS PER THE MET DEPT GET READY FOR
IT
AS WARNING HAS BEEN SOUNDED
So my wonderful wife e-mailed me asking how true it is, as my father is a Meterological Forecaster with immense experience, this is what I got:


This is an 8 day forecast, the met office here usually issue 5 day forecasts,
due to the decrease in reliability long forecasts have.
My father exclaimed
that while we have Northerly winds now, Friday & Saturday will see Sothern
winds (aka: Koos) making it unlikely to go to freezing degrees.
They also
expect more rain, and temp around 19 max – 13 min.
Everyone can call the met
office at 17323073 to confirm
Also, by going to weather.com (the Weather
channel's website) we see that their predictions are the same as our met office.
Picture attached and the link is below: http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/BAXX0001?from=36hr_topnav_business
There you go. You can click on the 2nd picture to see weather.com's 10 day forecast. reast easy, and ask everyone who sent this to you to verify a story before they send each piece of unproved crap to your inbox.


Have a happy and wet week end!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I was about to call the met office to confirm when I got the email this morning. Seemed crazy. I guess we're not yet close to The Day After Tomorrow :)

Redbelt said...

Glad to help. I hate forwards with no thought.
The forwarded map seems to befor 5000 feet off the ground. For pilots for example. Where in that altitude,this emp is normal.